Sunday, January 9, 2011

I wanna go bathe in the sea

“But what’s stopping you?”, I bet that question’s already popped in your mind. And in a weird way you’re damn right to be asking yourself that. Because, not only am I living in Denmark, but I also happen to live in a city near the sea (not much of a surprise given the geographical coordinates of Denmark, but still).
So, what seems to be the problem?
My problem revolves around the ever lasting Machiavellian question: the means to an end.

Yes, we could walk. Leave today and arrive, if lucky, by the end of the month.
Yes, we could go by car. But we do not own one.
On the other hand, we do have a klipkort, so we could take the bus. But wait, we cannot take the bus because dogs aren’t allowed in local buses. Still, there might be another possibility, maybe two:

M could play the part of a lifetime, that of a blind person, but we don’t joke about these things here, so definitely a big thank you, but no, thank you. Actually we do (political correctness is not in our vocabulary) but to be honest, it would be harder for me to act as a well trained dog who listens to his master e.g. doesn’t pull, run or sits wherever he likes.
Second possibility, M could carry me in a backpack. Yeah, right. As this could ever come close to a possibility.

So, here I am, so close to the sea, yet the farthest I have ever been from it. Isn’t it ironic?

No comments:

Post a Comment